Tuesday, July 6, 2010

On the needles this week: Baby blankets

I'm knitting 3 baby blankets this week:

One in white Reynolds Kitten yarn in a simple lace pattern from one of Barbara Walker's pattern books. When the knitting is finished, I'll weave a pink ribbon yarn(from my friend's destashing) through the eyelets. The finished blanket will go to a yoga friend whose daughter is expecting a girl in October.

The other two are in Sugar & Cream for twins that a friend is expecting. I'm knitting garter stitch squares & will be adding a crochet edging. One is in lavender with yellow edging & the other is in yellow with lavender edging. Right now I'm knitting the squares simultaneously on one circular needle so they'll finish up the same size.

My daughter says I should stick to shawls, scarves & blankets since I seem to have a major problem finishing sweaters. Well, we'll see if she's right. I have a bin of unfinished sweaters that I hope to get to later this year.

No comments: