Monday, December 6, 2010

Colorful Crocheted Scarf



I started this scarf on a visit to Nags Head, NC. It's a lattice pattern that I've done before and really like because it's so easy. After row one, all the other rows are just row 2 repeated till you get the length you want or run out of yarn (which I did since I only had one skein with me). The yarn is Bernat's Mosaic; the color is Psychedelia. I love the way the colors made horizontal stripes as if I'd planned it that way. I got a 2nd skein when I got home so I could make it longer. The colors are so wild that it didn't matter that the 2 skeins weren't from the same dye lot. I'm such a sucker for variegated yarns. This one came out like a wild rainbow.

BTW, while at the coast, I visited a wonderful yarn shop, Knitting Addiction, in Kill Devil Hills. If I lived there, I think I'd be in the shop all the time...it is full of gorgeous yarns and has a very welcoming, cozy atmosphere. My sister, a graphic designer, loved the colors and took photos of the yarns so she'd have a reminder of them. I bought some lovely yarn to make something for her, a felted fish kit for me, and a pattern for a simple shrug (probably also for me). I'll post the results here whenever I finish them. Right now, I'm finishing 4 other projects...all of which are NOT using old stash. So I'm a little off track on the stash busting action.

No comments: