Saturday, January 1, 2011

Off the needles: Lacy Scarf




Another scarf using up old stash. This yarn is Columbia-Minerva Amy II, a 50% wool, 50% Orlon blend. The color is bone; the skein is 1 ounce weight. Not sure how old this yarn is, but the original price on the label says 95 cents and I bought it marked down to 44 cents.

The pattern is "Vine Lace" from Barbara Walker's A Treasury of Knitting Patterns (pg. 218 in my Scribner's edition). It's one of those simple patterns that create impressive results. Only a 4-row repeat & 2 of the rows are purl rows.

I gave this scarf to my nephew's girlfriend along with the fox scarf. She loved both and I was glad to pass them on. It's nice to be knitting again for people I know. But I've already started on the 2011 charity knitting (photos later).

No comments: