Monday, December 12, 2011

Off the needles: fingerless gloves

I finished making fingerless gloves for my friend Jane just hours before she came for my annual cookie party. She injured her hand in a car accident and she has trouble with cold hands now. I forgot to take a photo of them before she took them home, but they came out great. I only had an outline of her hands to guide me, but they fit her just fine. The yarn is a sock-weight superwash merino wool and nylon hand-dyed in shades ranging from off-white to pink to deep burgundy. She bought the yarn at the Knit and Crochet show in Greensboro last October from the Unplanned Peacock Studio. I modified a pattern from Sock Yarn One-Skein Wonders. The cuffs and ends are in k2p2 rib and the body of the gloves is stockinette. This is the 3rd pair of fingerless gloves I've made by this pattern. They knit up pretty fast since there's no complicated pattern to follow. I used variegated sock yarn for the other two pairs. I think stockinette works best to show off all the color changes in the yarns.

There's enough of Jane's yarn left over to make her a matching scarf in the same k2p2 pattern. I'll try to remember to photograph that when it's finished.

No comments: