Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Off the needles & hooks: More Baby Sweaters

Tonight's the night we bring all the things we've been making for the Knit Night charities. I've made more baby sweaters, 3 new knitted ones and one crocheted that I pulled out of the UFO bag. These are fun to make as they work up fast, look really, really cute, let me experiment with new yarns, and put my button collection to good use. I'm also bringing a cotton bib and a pair of thumbless mittens that I found in the UFO stash that just needed to have the sides sewn up. I'm looking forward to moving these out of the house so I can get cracking on next year's donations.

This one is knitted out of James C. Brett's "Marble" in color MT2, an acrylic DK weight yarn. For an acrylic, it is very soft and I love the colors. I think I might just have to make something for myself out of this yarn. Another pattern I've done several times.




This one is crocheted. I've made this vintage pattern before and like the way is works up very quickly.


I like the asymmetrical opening on this one. The variegated pink is another colorway of James C. Brett's "Marble."


This one knitted up quickly in garter stitch. It's Pymouth Yarn's "Jelli Beenz" yarn.


No comments: