Sunday, April 6, 2014

Photos from 2014 Carolina FiberFest

Once again, I demonstrated/displayed at the Carolina FiberFest in Sanford, NC, on using non-traditional materials for fiber arts and crafts. What a fun day talking to other fiber enthusiasts and showing what one can do with hardware store finds and recycled textiles. 

I had a great location this year, right near the entrance of one of the exhibit halls so I could greet people as they came in.

My giant LED rope light doily. That's my daughter who came along to help out. She's practicing her fiber craft of choice, cross stitch embroidery. This is her 2nd year of coming out with me, and she's doing a great job of distinguishing between knitted and crocheted pieces even though she does neither craft.

Some of the items I brought to demonstrate how to use the materials.


No comments: