Monday, May 12, 2014

Off the Needles: More Lithuanian Beaded Wristlets

I made these two pairs of wristlets for daughters of one of my friends. As with the previous pair, they're knitted in garter stitch with the beads prestrung and knitted along each row. Since the girls have small wrists, these worked up fast with a cast-on of about 35 stitches compared to the 50 stitches in the adult size pair I started in last month's Unwind retreat class taught by Donna Druchunas. 



V's favorite color is pink so I used pink beads on a cream yarn. The yarn is from my stash and has been discontinued for some time. It's Patons "Pearl Twist" in 80% acrylic and 20% nylon. The seed beads are a Japanese brand called Dyna-mites, size is 6/0, color is fuchsia. The beads around the edge were crocheted on after the wristlet was knitted and sewn up.



One of E's favorite colors is teal which worked out great as I had both a teal yarn and teal beads in my stash so I could create a tone-on-tone effect. Again, I used a discontinued yarn that has been in my stash for quite some time. It's Phentex "Fingering Tricot Fin" in colorway Waterfall #52 Niagara. The fiber is 100% acrylic. The beads are also Dyna-mites in teal.


1 comment:

Madtatter80 said...

From one Carollyn to another these are really cute!