Monday, October 27, 2014

2014 NC State Fair Ribbons Awarded

For the first time ever, I entered handwork (all tatting) in the North Carolina State Fair. Of the three items I entered two won second-place red ribbons.

I entered a pillowcase edging in the Home Furnishings category:



More details at "Off the Shuttle: Tatted Edging for Pillowcase." 

I entered a handkerchief edging in the Clothing category:


More details at "Off the Shuttle: Tatted Floral Edging on Vintage Handkerchief."

This experience was so exciting that I have already started planning projects to enter in the 2015 fair.


1 comment:

Madtatter80 said...

Weeeeee congratulations I am glad you entered, people need to see tatting!I think I recognize the edging, looks pretty and I bet there were more entries than my town too!