Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Shuttles Embellished with Marbleized Paper


A friend suggested I use marbled paper to decoupage shuttles. I love the look of marbleized papers but I'm not inclined to make my own. Turns out I had in my stash the Dover Publications book Ready-to-Use Marbleized Papers by Judith B. Saurman and Judith A. Pierce (1979). Nothing to do but choose a design, cut out the size to fit a shuttle, and get going with the Mod Podge. After several coats of Mod Podge, it would be hard to tell that these were only reproductions rather than the real thing. 

The lavender shuttle is embellished with origami paper and sparkle Mod Podge. 


The 2 containers in the photo are wooden needle holders that I embellished with origami paper. I'm storing quilting needles in them. I find these needles work great for sewing in the ends in my tatting. The holes are large enough to accommodate size 20 thread and the needles are short which gets them in and out of the tatting efficiently. 


1 comment:

Madtatter80 said...

oh that is a really good idea, why didn't I think of that. I really will get around to covering mine again really :)