Tuesday, March 1, 2016

Denim Yarn


I'm getting ready for a demo/display on using non-traditional materials in fiber arts and crafts at the 2016 Carolina FiberFest in Raleigh, NC, later this month. I like to add new things each time I do this demo. I already have tee shirt yarn, so I'm adding denim yarn to my collection this time. Pictured above is yarn I made from denim fabric sleeves that my daughter cut off a jacket. I didn't get many yards from the pieces so I'm on the lookout for old pairs of blue jeans to make more. I'm thinking of making embellished wristlets with the cuffs I cut off.

Information on making denim yarn can be found on the Fiber Artsy & Craftsy blog.

3 comments:

Madtatter80 said...

Sounds like a very cool project to start with denim yarn love this idea, I make purses from jeans and live to mix tatting with it too.

Madtatter80 said...

Sounds like a very cool project to start with denim yarn love this idea, I make purses from jeans and live to mix tatting with it too.

muskaan said...

Great idea ! Would love to see what you make with these