Thursday, October 13, 2016

Little Hearts for Little Kids


Next month, as part of a local fiber arts group, I will be representing crocheting at one our county libraries along with spinners, knitters, weavers, felters, and bobbin lacers. In addition to demonstrating and displaying crocheted work, I will pass out some of these 50 little yarn hearts that I just finished to the children who attend the event. Our local library system has been a great supporter of handcrafts by offering display case space and setting up demonstrations at times when children come to the library for story time.

These little hearts work up super fast; that's why making 50 of them didn't take very long. I got the pattern from this YouTube video: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=3P45Gg8Pemw, but similar patterns can be found on other sites. What I like about this version is that you start with a chain and put the first treble stitch into the first chain stitch (rather than starting by making a "magic circle") -- a method that, for me, gets me going much faster.

No comments: