Wednesday, January 3, 2018

Off the Hook: 1st Project of 2018 Finished

Wow. has it gotten cold here in central North Carolina this week. I want to be completely bundled up from head to toe when I go out, so I crocheted this hat this week. The pattern is one I used for two berets I made for my daughter in past years. It's "Phannie", a free pattern from the Berroco yarn company.



 I used a bit over one skein of Universal Yarn's 100% acrylic yarn "Patchwork" in colorway Granite #204. I hate scratchy directly on my skin, so I like this yarn because it's soft and squishy and not itchy at all. I make the single-crochet rows that form the headband a bit wider than the pattern calls for so that I could pull the hat down over my ears when it's bitter cold outside.


1 comment:

Madtatter80 said...

You look so cute and yea this is super cold I have a son in Russia doing voleenteer work and we are colder than him for about a week now.