Thursday, January 18, 2018

Off the Needles: Twisted Toque



Another hat finished, this time a knitted one. The pattern is "Twisted Toque" from 60 Quick Knits: 20 Hats, 20 Scarves, 20 Mittens in Cascade 220 (Sixth&Spring Books/Cascade Yarn, 2010, pgs. 52-3). Knit in the round, this hat worked up quickly and, of course, there was no sewing other than working in the beginning and ending yarn tails.

The generous 3.5" ribbing allows you two ways to wear the hat.

Ribbing turned up:

Ribbing turned down:

Although the book was written for Cascade 220 yarn, based on this and other projects I've knitted from this book, I think any worsted-weight yarn will do. 

I used Plymouth Yarn Company's "Encore Colorspun" in colorway "Drifting," a heathery light oatmeal shade. Encore is my go-to yarn when I want to use a nicer acrylic than what I often find in the big craft stores. It's 75% acrylic and 25% wool; you can still machine wash and dry like other acrylics, but the wool addition gives it a softer feel.

1 comment:

Madtatter80 said...

Fun and your knitting is fast, maybe it just me I struggle so much with understanding patterns it takes me forever